This ice cream is decadent, sophisticated and insanely delicious, and yet it is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
Chocolate Ice Cream With Almonds, Cacao Nibs and Black Sea Salt [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Ice Cream With Almonds, Cacao Nibs and Black Sea Salt [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw coconut nectar plus more for garnish
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cups unsweetened full-fat coconut milk from the can
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black sea salt, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs, plus more for garnish
How to Prepare Chocolate Ice Cream With Almonds, Cacao Nibs and Black Sea Salt [Vegan]
- Put almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, 1/3 cup of raw coconut nectar, pink Himalayan salt, vanilla, xanthan gum and cacao powder into a blender and blend until smooth. The mixture will thicken and will resemble the consistency of yogurt.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight. Place 1/2 teaspoon black sea salt, 2 tablespoons toasted almonds and 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill for the same time as the mixture.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Follow your ice cream maker's manufacturer instructions for precise timing and process In the last minute of churning add chilled salt, almonds and cacao nibs, so they are just incorporated and evenly distributed. Do not over-mix, as the salt will melt. Ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- To serve place one or two scoops in a small bowl, drizzle lightly with coconut nectar and top with almonds, cacao nibs and a pinch of black sea salt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.