The fudgy factor is thanks in large part to the lack of flour. That’s right friends, these Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cookies are not only free of eggs and dairy but they are also free of grains and gluten,
Chocolate Fudge Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons - 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the banana and nut butter of choice until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Adjust amount of maple syrup as needed for desired sweetness. Gently stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon cookies onto baking sheet. Cookies will not spread much, so shape them into desired shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch. Do not overbake or they won't be as fudgy!