Muffins and cupcakes are awesome. And yeah, cookies are great too. But we have yet to find a dessert or pastry that can hold a candle to doughnuts! These doughnuts are super cakey and chocolatey, exactly like what you’d expect of a cake doughnut. They are lovingly topped with a peanut butter glaze because who can resist the delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate?
Chocolate Doughnuts With Peanut Butter Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Doughnuts With Peanut Butter Glaze [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons cake flour (see notes)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
How to Prepare Chocolate Doughnuts With Peanut Butter Glaze [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, melted coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or plastic bag with a corner cut off and pipe into a greased doughnut pan. Don’t over fill the wells, pipe around one circle in each well (about 1/2 full).
- Bake for 13-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the doughnuts comes out clean and spring back when touched.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove doughnuts continue cooling on a cooling rack.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and stir until fully combined. You may need to add a bit more milk if too thick, or some more icing sugar if too thin.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze. If you want to top your doughnuts with any extras, now is the time to do so. Allow glaze to set before stacking doughnuts on top of each other or transporting.
We highly recommend weighing the cake flour; you're looking to have 125g. If you substitute all-purpose flour, you only need to use 1 cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1528 | Total Carbs: 232 g | Total Fat: 64 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sugar: 96 g Per Serving: Calories: 191 | Carbs: 29 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 2 g | Sugar: 12 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.