If Almond Joys are proof of anything it’s that coconut and chocolate go marvelously together. This dessert brings the classic combination to macaroon-form. You can have these bite-sized treats ready in just 15 minutes only using seven simple ingredients! What more could you want?
‘Almond Joy’ Chocolate Coconut Macaroons [Vegan]
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4-6 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder to taste
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large pinches of sea salt
- Combine the shredded coconut, almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt in the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Mix until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon, scoop the dough into small macaroons and carefully put them on a plate lined with parchment paper or plastic foil.
- Put the macaroons in the freezer for about 5 minutes until they are nice and firm.