Chocolatey, gluten-free cake that's sweetened naturally. What more could you ask for? Without the topping, this little cake could pass for breakfast! Just top with coconut yogurt and fresh fruit of your choice.
Chocolate Coconut Chip Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
- A pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- 2 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1/8cup, plus 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Mix all dry ingredients in a high-speed blender until a flour is obtained. Sift it in a mixing bowl.
- In a little pot, mix water and coconut oil and heat it on low flame until the oil is melted. Switch off the flame, pour the maple syrup in the pot and stir. Add this liquid to the bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Pour the batter – it will be really fluid, but it’s ok – in a greased 7-inch diameter cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Spread coconut chips on a baking tray and put it in the oven when turned off immediately after the cake baking. Let it in until it becomes a little crisp.
- In a little pot, mix chocolate and coconut milk and let it melt on low flame. Stir with a wooden spoon and pour this ganache over the cooled cake. Sprinkle coconut chips over it while still warm. Let it cool completely.