This sweet pumpkin bread has no oil or butter, yet is deliciously moist and decadent! The secret is pumpkin puree, mashed banana, and plenty of almond milk. This bread is also studded with crunchy walnuts and melty chocolate chips making it the ultimate sweet tooth breakfast option or a yummy dessert that's perfect for dunking in coffee after dinner.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons mashed ripe banana or 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée or 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, including chocolate chips.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry. Using a wooden spoon, mix until just well combined. This batter will be very thick and gummy and may take 1-2 minutes for pumpkin to disperse.
- Transfer into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is browned.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack or plate for 10 more minutes before slicing.