A flakey and crumbly pastry, filled with cookie butter and chocolate chips, topped with even more and chocolate chips. Have I died and gone to heaven? Homemade pop tarts have quickly have become one of a favorite treats to make. Using cookie butter in this recipe makes it taste heavenly!
Chocolate Chip Poptarts [Vegan]
- 1 sheet of gluten-free puff pastry
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 3/4 cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Dairy-free milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll your puff pastry sheet and cut into equal squares, 3 x 4 inch.
- Add a teaspoon of cookie spread and a few chocolate chips into the centre of half of the squares.
- Lay the remaining squares over the filling and seal the edges by crimping the edges of the pastries with a fork.
- Repeat for all 6 pastries.
- Brush some dairy-free milk on the top of the pastries.
- Place the pastries onto the lined baking tray, place in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Once the pop-tarts come out of the oven, drizzle some more cookie butter over the top and add with a few chocolate chips (optional).