Imagine pulling some cookies out of the oven, you smell a little bit of vanilla and then a strong scent of peanut butter and chocolate! Yes my friends, that’s these chocolate chip peanut butter stuffed cookies! Biting into a plain chocolate chip cookie is pretty great, but a center full of warm, gooey peanut butter makes it an extra decadent treat. You could also totally eat the dough raw if you like ... that's a pretty awesome dessert by itself!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling, just plain pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (could probably substitute coconut sugar, or but I have not actually tried it)
- 1/3 cup vegan cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl add you butter and melt it in the microwave.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the butter and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix well, use hands if necessary (I did).
- Place in fridge for about 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 370°F.
- Once the oven is preheated, spray or line your cookie sheet and start to form your cookies (see picture above) basically a bottom layer add PB and a chocolate chip in the center and cover with a top layer (the top layer should be thinner than your bottom layer!). And top with additional chocolate chunks!
- Bake for 16 minutes.