Chocolate buckwheat porridge is a decadent gluten free vegan breakfast recipe that is ready in less than 15 minutes. Requiring just four simple ingredients, you’ll quickly fall in love with this easy to make breakfast option.
Chocolate Buckwheat Porridge [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Chocolate Buckwheat Porridge [Vegan]
For the Porridge:
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat groats raw
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or any non-dairy milk
- Optional Toppings: banana, berries, nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, etc.
How To Make Chocolate Buckwheat Porridge [Vegan]
- Add the buckwheat groats to a medium sauce pan along with 3 cups water, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Whisk to fully incorporate the cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until buckwheat is soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed. (If you’ve soaked your buckwheat groats prior to cooking, you’ll only need to cook the porridge for about 5-7 minutes until it is soft enough to eat. See more info in the notes below.)
- Divide between three bowls and serve at the table with milk, more maple syrup, and desired toppings.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile