Dense chocolate brownie cake is has tender blueberries scattered throughout that make it an absolutely unforgettable dessert. This is a chocolate lovers dream cake and it's the perfect sweet treat to finish a meal with.
Chocolate Brownie Blueberry Cake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (you can use whole wheat or all-purpose as an alternative)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds plus 4 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk plus 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-2/3 cup sweet potato purée
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups of blueberries
- Turn on the oven 350°F.
- Steam the sweet potatoes cut in cubes for 10 minutes or so until soft and process into a smooth purée.
- Mix the milk and cider vinegar and leave it to stand until it looks and smells like buttermilk.
- Sift the flours and mix them in a bowl with all other dry ingredients.
- Grind the flax seeds and mix them with water.
- Mix oil, agave syrup, and lemon juice
- Mix the flax, sweet potato purée, and the oil mixture with a spoon and add it into the dry ingredients, then add milk and mix it again. Do it gently. Do not over mix it because if you mix it too much, the cake could turn out chewy.
- Mix in the berries coated with a little bit of flour. The batter should be fairly thick but still pourable.
- Pour it into the lined pan and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Test the cake with the toothpick; when the cake is done it should come out clean.