Chocolate banana cheesecake. Creamy and coconut-y, this vegan cheesecake satisfies all the cravings you might have and then some. It’s crazy to think that this concept isn’t even weird anymore. Veganism has evolved! There are so many options nowadays that people would never guess are vegan –– including this chocolate banana cheesecake. The filling is surprisingly healthy. It’s not loaded with sugar and cream cheese like the traditional version. Graham cracker cookie crust, creamy chocolate banana filling that’s almost more like fudge than vegan cheesecake, and coconut caramel that’s gooey in the middle and crispy on the edges. Yeah, I’ll take a slice and so should you! This chocolate banana cheesecake is unbelievably good.
Chocolate Banana Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Banana Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers (1/3 of the box)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews, drained (about 3/4 cup raw)
- 12-ounce package of silken tofu
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 banana (the riper it is, the more banana flavored the final product will be)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Coconut Caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
How to Prepare Chocolate Banana Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust in the food processor. Blend until the crackers become crumbs and everything balls up.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a 9″ springform pan (not totally necessary, but they’re nice for cheesecakes because the whole side comes apart from the bottom and you can just slide the slices off). Use your hands to spread out the mixture evenly and press hard to compact it. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the food processor. Combine all the ingredients for the filling in the clean, dry food processor bowl and blend. Blend, blend, blend. The cashews take a while to get smooth, so after a few minutes turn it off and stick your forefinger in the mixture and rub it with your thumb. If you can still feel some grit, keep blending.
- Once the mixture is “grit-less” or as smooth as you can get it, pour it over the graham cracker crust and pop the whole thing back into the oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
- For the caramel – heat the sugar and margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the margarine is melted and the mixture is bubbling, carefully add the coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the time is up for the cheesecake, carefully remove it from the oven and pour the caramel over it. Sprinkle the shredded coconut all over the caramel so it’s evenly distributed.
- Put the cheesecake back in the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the edges are golden and crispy and the caramel is no longer runny.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Cheesecake
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 402 | Carbs: 38 g | Fat: 25 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 196 g | Sugar: 25 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.