These are naturally sweetened and you get to control the amount going in there, there are no nasties, you are using only 3ingredients to make them and they are great for kitchen project with kids! These Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are surprisingly easy to make and absolutely delightful in taste. They are also very adaptable. Keep them plain, put peanut butter instead of almond butter, no jam, lots of nuts and seeds…… You have endless possibilities to play around and make these your own!
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 200 grams coconut butter
- 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry jam
- Cocoa nibs, Sea salt, Chopped almonds for toppings
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin tray with paper liners.
- Melt the coconut butter on a double boiler. Once its completely melted add in the cocoa powder and maple syrup/honey. Stir it all well. Add in the vanilla. This will be a thin consistency, but gets thicker as it cools. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Fill up the paper cups half way with this mixture. Pop the tray in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes till solid.
- Once set, spoon over a 1/4 teaspoon of almond butter and even a lessor amount of jam on top. You can add more or less of either, depending on your preference.
- Cover this with your chocolate mixture. Let it set for 5 minutes and then add your toppings. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to eat these at room temperature! Enjoy!