A chocolate muffin worthy of the biggest celebrations but also perfect as an everyday treat!
Choco-Coco Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut + extra for the topping
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Line or grease 9 muffin tins.
- Pour the oat milk and apple cider vinegar/lime juice in a cup and set aside. After a few minutes the milk will start to curdle.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar and shredded coconut. Fold in the melted coconut oil and curdled oat milk until just combined.
- Drop a generous tablespoonful of batter into each muffin tin; there should be just enough to fill them all. Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, but not too long; these muffins are über delicious when still a touch warm
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile