If you love quick and easy effortless soups, you’ll be head over heels for this classic Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup!
Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Garnish: cilantro, toasted pine nuts, a pinch of cumin/dili powder
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until beginning to brown around edges, about 7 minutes.
- Add cumin and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sweet potatoes, chopped chili, and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce to a rapid simmer, partially cover, and cook until sweet potatoes can be mashed easily with a spoon, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let soup cool slightly. Working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return pureed soup to pot over low heat and season with salt and pepper. Top soup with a pinch of chili powder/cumin and garnish with cilantro and toasted pine nuts,
- Potato Recipes