Make a double portion of this chili and store leftovers in the freezer! This flavorful dish is ideal for a quick stew on busy weeknights!
Chili Sin Carne With Sour Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Chili:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion + 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks white celery, strips
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 large can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pure tomato puree (without sugar)
- 3 cans beans, rinsed (red beans, black beans, chickpeas)
- 1 piece 85% dark chocolate
To Make the Sour Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup of cashews
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of lime or lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Heat some coconut or olive oil in a large deep pan or cooking pot. Fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the carrot, celery, and mushrooms together with the cumin, the cinnamon, the sea salt, and the cayenne. Stir well and cook for a few minutes on a low medium fire.
- Add the tomato passata together with the vegetable stock, the tomato paste, the beans, and the chickpeas.
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or longer. Meanwhile, make the sour cashew cream.
- Add the dark chocolate just before serving. Stir well, taste and if necessary add extra flavor with cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Serve with avocado, coriander, spring onion, and corn, which you can possibly toast for a short while with some smoked paprika and sea salt. Finish with sour cashew cream.
- Just mix all of the cashew cream ingredients into a smooth cream in the blender.