Deliciously filling chickpeas for those days when you're looking for something hearty to eat!
Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Onions [Vegan]
- 7 oz (250 g) cooked chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 onions
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ras-el-hanout, to taste
- Wash the chickpeas and place them in a pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of ras-el-hanout over the chickpeas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Scoop the chickpeas out of the pan.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes into thin slices and the onions into rings. Cook them in the same pan as the chickpeas in the leftover ras-el-hanout. After 5 minutes, return the chickpeas to the pan and heat everything through. Garnish the dish with some finely-chopped fresh cilantro just before serving.
TIP: LEFTOVER RECIPE This is another one of my leftover recipes. Do you have leftover vegetables lying around? Cook them along with the tomatoes and onions! It will only make your dish that much tastier, and you get to clean out your fridge as well!