Whether you loved or loathed tuna fish sandwiches as a kid, we have a good feeling that this recipe will quickly become your packed lunch go-to. Mashed chickpeas act as the tuna that is stirred in with the classic mix-ins: celery, onions, and pickled. Spread the "fishy" mixture on your favorite bread and you are good to go!
Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Fish Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 slice onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 5 pickle slices, diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of bread (gluten-free if necessary)
- Mash chickpeas with fork. If you pulsed them in food processor, pulse with the vegetables.
- Add everything and mix well. Add to bread.