Healthy Chickpea Blondies made from everybody’s favourite bean! They’re gluten-free, high in protein and are perfectly moist and gooey from the added peanut butter. No one will guess that they’re made from chickpeas!
Chickpea Peanut Butter Blondies [Vegan]
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional- add vanilla extract if not using)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180ºF. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Put all ingredients except for chocolate chips and chia seeds into your blender or food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once smooth, add chocolate chips and chia seeds and mix by hand.
- Pour mixture into your prepared tray and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and sea salt on top.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-30 mintues until the edges just pull away from the pan, the top is set and slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can eat them cold or warm in the microwave for 15 seconds to regain the fresh-from-the-oven deliciousness!