This sage and rosemary frittata has and incredibly light and fluffy texture that is combined with a winning flavor combination of the two herbs to make a delightful dish. Plus, it's a great hassle-free breakfast option.
Chickpea Frittata With Sage and Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Frittata With Sage and Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups finely ground chickpea flour
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 medium sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
How to Prepare Chickpea Frittata With Sage and Rosemary [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a saucepan, fry the onions in the oil until they're golden.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, and sage and fry for 2-3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and put this aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, paprika, salt, sumac, and water to form the batter. Try to break up any lumps.
- Add your onion mixture to your mixing bowl and mix it thoroughly.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan that has a lid.
- Add your mixture to the pan and cook it on a medium heat with the lid on. Let it cook for roughly 10 minutes until the batter has just set on top.
- Using a spatula or a plate, flip your frittata and cook it for another 5 minutes. It should be golden in color once it's ready.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1103 | Total Carbs: 137 g | Total Fat: 43 g | Total Protein: 50 g | Total Sodium: 1187 g | Total Sugar: 23 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.