Revamp your classic American breakfast with this chickpea flour scramble platter. In addition to the scramble, it has savory home fries, zucchini, and mushroom bacon! Diner food made wholesome.
Chickpea Flour Scramble With Mushroom Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Chopped onions
- 2 1/4 cups potatoes
- Sliced mushrooms
- Liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Gluten-free toast
- Vegan butter, for toast (optional)
- Cube 2 1/4 cups potatoes and mix with 2 teaspoons of oil to bake home fries. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms to make vegan bacon. Cut 4 slices and drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil on top. Then sprinkle salt, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, and a few sprinkles of paprika. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, flipping it once.
- Chop some onion and sauté in oil and salt. Add chopped mushroom and zucchini with salt.
- Prepare the chickpea “egg” batter. Whisk 1/3 cup of chickpea flour with 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, a dash of salt, and equal parts water. If too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Pour on sautéed vegetables once they’re soft. Let batter cook like a pancake, then scramble it all together.
- Cook toast, plate all of the components and serve.
- Chickpea Flour