I love this recipe as it's simple, quick, healthy, and really tasty – which is everything you need in my book! Even though this chickpea curry only has a few Ingredients it’s packed full of flavor and I love adding lots of super healthy spinach! This curry can be eaten on its own as it's really substantial, but is always delicious with flatbreads, or some whole- grain rice or quinoa.
15 Minute Chickpea and Spinach Curry [Vegan]
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cups water
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 handfuls fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Add the chopped onions to the frying pan with the oil and cook for approximately four minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic, ginger and spices. Cook for a further minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute, then add the water.
- Add the chickpeas and simmer for eight minutes, adding the spinach, half of the coriander, salt, and pepper at the last minute to wilt down.
- Top with a dollop of coconut yogurt, the rest of the coriander, and some chili flakes.