The great thing about grain recipes is you can substitute them so easily with whatever you have in the pantry. Feel free to mix it up!
Chickpea and Kale Asian Rice [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice, or other grain
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cup kale, packed and chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make rice or grain according to package directions.
- Sauté garlic and onion in hot oil until the onion starts turning brown. Add kale and cook down until it has entirely wilted. Add in chickpeas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together nut butter, tamari, toasted sesame oil, salt and peppers. When rice is done, mix in the dressing ingredients then fold into your vegetables.