These banana cookies are loaded with protein, seeds, oats and whole grains for a cookie that packs some serious health benefits. They are the healthiest breakfast cookies…ever! They are both gluten-free and refined sugar free, which makes them an awesome snack, as well!
Chia Seed and Banana Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 2 bananas (small mashed ripe)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons banana protein shake (could sub with milk)
- Half Scoop of Vanilla plant-based protein powder (optional)
For the Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup peanut powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- With a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into 12 mounds. Don't worry about spacing, they won't spread when being baked.
- Flatten each cookie to about ¼ inch.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly firm, but soft to the touch.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut flour with 1/4 cup of milk until smooth. Add more if yours is too thick.
- Drizzle each cookie.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 75 | Carbs: 9 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 13 mg | Sugar: 3g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile