Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, these cookies are a wonderful, healthier dessert. These cookies include natural peanut butter, chocolate chips, and coconut, blending some of the most popular and tasty dessert ingredients! These are also awesome because they're made with all non-perishable items you likely already have in your pantry, which makes them easy to whip up when you really need a delicious treat.
Chewy Peanut Butter Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ground oats (about 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, ground finely in a food processor)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, finely shredded / dried (desiccated)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Bring the peanut butter to room temperature, or heat it a little in the microwave to soften it. In a large bowl, using a strong spoon, cream the sugar, maple syrup and vanilla into the peanut butter until combined. Stir in the non-dairy milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground oats, coconut, baking soda and salt. Sprinkle the oat mixture into the peanut butter a little at a time, stirring to combine. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon balls and place 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press each ball flat with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let sit 3-5 minutes and remove from the pan to cool.