Gluten-Free, Vegan Chestnut and Rosemary Scones are a great winter, savory treat. Perfect for cold winter afternoons with a cup of tea. Serve them with gluten-free, vegan margarine and cranberry sauce or chutney.
Chestnut and Rosemary Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 3/4 cups and 2 tablespoons plant milk (you may need a little less)
- 1 1/4 cup roasted, peeled chestnuts
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 410°F and lightly dust a large flat baking sheet with gluten-free flour.
- Place the flours, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix well. Roughly chop the rosemary and chestnuts and add to the mix, mix well and make a well in the center.
- Add the yoghurt and half the non-dairy milk and mix. Keep adding a little more non-dairy milk at a time until the dough just comes together (you may need less, or more)
- Place a sheet of grease-proof paper (or silicone sheet) onto a baking sheet and turn the dough out onto the grease-proof paper. Gently pat the dough together into a cohesive round shape approximately three centimeters deep. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until risen and golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Whilst still hot slice the scone into eight. Leave to cool on the baking sheet.
- Serve with vegan margarine.