I’m just MAD about all things chocolate, and maybe Willy Wonka’s ginormous chocolate fountains have something to do with it, but come on! How could you not love the cocoa bean, and all the magical stuff you can make with it? This cherry chocolate cake is one of my all-time favorite desserts, I just love the contrast between the gooey cherries and the spongy cake ( and before you ask, of course it’s vegan )!
Cherry Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- 5 1/4 ounces cocoa powder
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 ounces brown sugar
- 1 egg replacer
- 5 1/4 ounces cherries
- 5 1/4 ounces vegan butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ounces plant-based milk
- Preheat the over to 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, melted butter, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix the egg replacer powder with the water, as instructed on the package of the product you use, and add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. If you see the mixture too dry, add more milk.
- Cut the cherries in half, remove the pit, and fold into the mixture.
- You can use the batter to make a cake, or pour it into muffin molds.
- Stick it in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked in the center.