Imagine, flaky, buttery crescent roll dough stuffed with sweet cream cheese and gooey fruit pie filling and then covered with a sugary glaze. What could be better for dessert — or breakfast — with a cup of hot coffee? These cherry cheese danishes look like they came right out of a bakery, but they're actually super-easy to make.
Cherry Cheese Danish Crescent Rolls [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put the vegan cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until creamy
- Open 2 canisters of vegan crescent rolls, but do not unroll. Cut each container of dough into 6 slices then flatten with a cup. Slightly curve the sides to make mini bowls.
- Fill one-half of the mini dough bowl with cream cheese filling and the other half with store-bought or homemade fruit pie filling.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining confectioners' sugar with a tiny bit of non-dairy milk. Wait until the danishes are completely cooled before applying.