Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A homemade vegan milk recipe with the fun addition of cherries and almond! This 10-minute recipe is creamy, lightly sweetened, and made from just 4 basic ingredients. Delectable warm or chilled!
Cherry Almond Milk [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cherry Almond Milk [Vegan]
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1/2 cup (65g) of almonds (soaked until soft, 24hrs.)
- 10 frozen sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- A pinch of fine sea salt
How to Prepare Cherry Almond Milk [Vegan]
- First, soak your almonds in cold water for 24 hours or more. Drain the almonds and give them a good rinse. Don’t skip this step! Soft almonds make for creamy almond milk.
- Add the water, almonds, cherries, maple syrup, almond extract, and salt to a blender container.
- Secure the lid and blend at medium to high speed until completely smooth. This will take 1-2 minutes in a high-powered blender or longer in a standard blender.
- Pour the milk through a nut bag fitted over a pitcher. Use your hands to squeeze all the milk through the nut bag, leaving the pulp behind.
- Save the pulp for smoothies, snacking, etc.
- Store in a clean glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week!