These raspberry slices are, well ... incredibly charming. The luxurious raspberry cream filling is made especially vibrant by a dash of beet powder and then it's sandwiched between two layers of fudgy oat and date crust and topped with a dash of red beet powder and rose petals before serving. This fairy-tail dessert is perfect for when your finest friends come over.
Charming Pink Raspberry Slices [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, made into flour
- 1/2 cup activated buckwheat, made into flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup soft dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Filling:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup cashew (soaked and dehydrated, optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoon coconut milk from can, refrigerated overnight and the solid cream from the top
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons beet powder
- To make the base, add the base ingredients to a food processor and process them until they resemble fine crumbs and stick together when pressed.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a lined loaf pan and then press the dough down with the back of a spoon. Place this in the freezer.
- To prepare the top layer simply roll remaining mixture into a slightly flat, long log approximately same size as your pan.
- Place it on a tray lined with baking paper and let sit in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend them until they're smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the base and let sit in the freezer for about an hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and top with the base log gently press down then place it back in the freezer for about an hour to set.
- Remove it from the tin, slice it straight away
- Separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3- 4 days.
- When you ready to serve them, dust them with beetroot powder and sprinkle on some edible rose petals.