This Chai Carrot Apple Streusel Bread is a hybrid of three delicious desserts: apple streusel bread, carrot cake, and banana bread. So when it comes to add-ons, walnuts are undeniably the best choice. For a simple breakfast or quick morning snack, enjoy it with some homemade vegan cultured cream cheese or tofu mousse. You can also use it for french toast and serve it with vegan yogurt, jam, fruits, and granola!
Chai Carrot Apple Streusel Bread [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup chai infused plant milk (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried figs (or substitute with medjool dates)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup apple blueberry granola
Chai Infused Plant Milk:
- 2 teaspoons loose leaf chai blend
- 1 cup plant milk
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring your choice of plant milk to a high simmer. Switch off the heat, stir in loose leaf chai. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or even longer for more intense chai flavor. Strain the tea and leave it aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients, mix well.
- In a high-speed blender, place all wet ingredients and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until it forms a batter.
- Now fold in the add-on ingredients until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into a lined baking tray and smooth the top. Sprinkle the granola on top. Gently press the granola down so they won’t fall off after baking. Cover the top with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes covered. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until it turns golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.