This is a grain and gluten-free take on traditional Tabbouleh. Cauliflower is such a versatile cruciferous vegetable. It's great to use as rice in this dish and is super nutritious! The trick with this cauliflower rice tabbouleh, is to try to get the cauliflower as dry as possible because slight moisture will lead to a soggy result. After rinsing and processing, place into a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess water. Since cauliflower doesn’t really have that much flavor, the fresh herbs and hint of heat from the chilli really rounds off the dish well. The lime also compliments all the unique flavors and the creamy avocado is the perfect subtle move to even out and tie all of the elements together. This cauliflower rice tabbouleh is the perfect balance of light and filling. It's the perfect healthy summer meal! Enjoy!
CauliRice Tabbouleh Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (Rinsed cauliflower florets processed in food processor, drained in clean tea towel until dry)
- 1 clove garlic (Finely diced)
- 1/2 stock cube (crumbled) (Use 'clean' vegetable stock powder if you have-no sugar or preservatives)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 red chilli (finely diced, pips removed if heat sensitive)
- 6 cherry tomatos (diced)
- 1/2 cucumber (diced)
- 1 Handful Fresh coriander (finely diced)
- 3 handfuls fresh parsley (finely diced - I used flat leafed)
- 1 handful fresh mint (finely diced)
- 1 lime - (juice and zest)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 avocado (diced)
- Chop up the cauliflower florets and rinse. Process for approximately 20 seconds in a food processor, until the florets are rice size. Place blitzed mixture into a clean tea towel and squeeze, until all the moisture has been removed.
- In frying pan, add the cauliflower rice, garlic, and crumbled stock cube. Stir until mixed, and the cauliflower rice is warm. Don't over cook as it'll become quite soggy. Approximately 5 minutes should be enough time.
- Place warm cauliflower rice into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except the avocado. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with diced avocado and fresh homemade chunky hummus.