These adorable mini burgers transform cauliflower steak from a fancy dinner entrée to the perfect burger base. The "steaks" are drizzled in olive oil, salt, and pepper, cooked until golden-brown, and topped with fresh and flavorful cashew pesto, tomato, and lettuce and then assembled in fluffy slider buns. These are just one deliciously savory bite after another!
Cauliflower Steak Sliders [Vegan]
For the Cashew Pesto:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Cauliflower Steaks:
- 1 head cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Slider buns
- Wash the cauliflower and break it up into florets, keeping them as large as possible. Slice the cauliflower into cross-sections.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cauliflower steaks on the baking sheet and coat lightly with olive oil or cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the steaks and bake for 10 more minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, you can whip up the pesto. Add cashews, basil, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth. This will likely require some scraping the sides to get everything combined.
- Assemble your burgers as desired.