Colorful, crunchy, and jam-packed with veggies, this cauliflower "rice" stir fry bowl is the perfect 20-minute dinner when you want something healthy and hearty. This dish is colorful and an easy way to make sure you're eating a rainbow of foods. The sauce, a gingery and peanut butter concoction, ties the whole dish together.
Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry:
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small, bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shelled edamame
For the Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted, natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
To Make the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and stir with a whisk.
To Make the Cauliflower Rice:
- In a food processor, add cauliflower, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pulse until the texture is coarse and rice-like.
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil over medium heat. Add the broccolini and shredded carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the edamame and green onions and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Add the cauliflower to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, until cauliflower is soft. Remove from heat and add the vegetables. Stir in the sauce and serve.
This dish last for a couple days in the refrigerator.