This grain bowl is courtesy of the restaurant Honey Salt, and now you can make this dish at home! Photo Credit: Louiie Victa
Cauliflower & Red Quinoa Risotto [Vegan]
- 5 oz. cauliflower, medium box-graded, raw
- 1 oz. onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 4 oz. vegetable stock, hot
- 2 oz. red quinoa, cooked, cooled
- 1 tablespoon zucchini, small diced
- 1 teaspoon vegan parmesan
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black peppercorn, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds, cleaned, to garnish
- Pea shoots, green & yellow, to garnish
- Celery leaves, picked, to garnish
- Peppercorn mix, to garnish
- Sea salt, to garnish
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, cauliflower, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 2 minutes to cook cauliflower.
- Add zucchini and color for 30 seconds.
- Taste for balance, then turn off heat.
- Add vegetable stock, vegan parmesan, red quinoa and taste for flavor and consistency. Adjust as necessary.
- Plate and garnish with pomegranate seeds, cleaned pea shoots and celery leaves.
- Finish with freshly ground peppercorn mix and sea salt.