If rainy spring days have you in a funk and you need a little cheering up, maybe you can be tempted with this bowl of cauliflower and parsnip coconut curry. It’s healthy, cozy, and wholesome packed with some yummy veggies and warming spices. This is a sweet tasting curry with cauliflower, sweet root vegetables, coconut milk, almonds, raisins, and spices.
Cauliflower Parsnip Coconut Curry [Vegan]
For the Curry:
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 parsnips, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 13.5-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Fresh coriander
- Cooked rice
- In a large pot, fry the chopped onions with coconut oil for 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and fry for another 3 minutes. Add the coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and cook for another minute. Stir in the coconut milk and ground almonds and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped carrots to the pot and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add parsnips and cauliflower and simmer for further 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft, but not overcooked.
- Take off the heat, stir in raisins and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander, toasted flaked almonds, and cooked rice.