These are crispy on the outside and the cauliflower is not too soft inside. Just pair these with some mango chutney and you have a wonderful side dish or appetizer!
Cauliflower Pakora [Vegan]
- 1 whole cauliflower (split into florets)
- 1 cup lentil flour (the traditional recipe is with chickpea flour)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon each – paprika, ground ginger, ground cumin, mixed spice, ground coriander seeds, fennel seeds, ground chilli, and anything else you like!
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Chutney for serving
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk – add water slowly and keep whisking until you have a thick batter! Do not let the batter become thin – you have to coat the cauliflower completely.
- Coat each floret and drop into the hot oil and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and enjoy!