This classic Italian dish is just the thing if you're craving something that's healthy, creamy, and easy. The cauliflower alfredo sauce is rich, thick, and decadent – basicly everything an alfredo sauce should be. Plus, this recipe is fat-free so you can eat it all the time!
Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion
- Broccoli (optional)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Pasta of your choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- Chop half a cauliflower then boil or steam it.
- Saut 1 or 2 chopped garlic cloves with oil (skip this step if you’re avoiding fat).
- Once soft drain and blend with either water or non-dairy milk (3/4 cup-1 1/2cups, add slowly).
- Add the lime juice, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and your sautéed garlic.
- Blend it until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook some vegetables. and/or go straight to cooking pasta.
- If you are using broccoli and mushrooms, lightly sautée them in a pan and use them to top the pasta.
- Mix some sauce and pasta and garnish it with black pepper and chopped parsley.