It is difficult to find a pizza crust recipe with clean ingredients that doesn’t include animal and wheat products. This recipe leaves you feeling satisfied without the dreaded bloated feeling.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cauliflower florets (about 1 small head)
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds + 1/4 cup water (egg replacement)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional – gives a cheesy flavour)
- Any herbs or spices you desire e.g. thyme, salt, pepper, basil etc.
- Preheat oven to 360ºF.
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until you get a fluffy “rice” consistency. Be careful not to over process.
- Mix the cauliflower, millet flour, nutritional yeast, and herbs and spices in a bowl until combined.
- Stir water into chia seeds and add to cauliflower mixture. Mix thoroughly to ensure chia seeds are evenly spread throughout.
- Add a little extra water so that the mixture combines well. The “dough” should be pretty wet. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Press “dough” onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mould into desired shape and spread until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then top with the tomato sauce and veggies. Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until veggies are slightly tender.