These tacos are loaded with bold flavor and they’re perfect when you need a quick and easy meal. The spicy cilantro sauce is versatile enough to be paired with nearly any savory dish that needs an extra kick of flavor.
Cauliflower-Chickpea Tacos With Spicy Cilantro Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Spicy Cilantro Sauce:
- 2 jalapeño peppers, rough chopped
- 2 bundles of fresh cilantro, washed and dried
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
To Make the Cauliflower-Chickpea Filling:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of Spicy Cilantro Sauce
To Assemble the Taco:
- 8 gluten-free tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage and greens or topping of your choice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
- Place peppers, cilantro, and lime juice into a bowl of food processor or high-speed blender and process. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream. Season with salt to taste, set aside.
- Place cauliflower and chickpeas in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons of spicy cilantro sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake until cauliflower is fork tender, about 25 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- While cauliflower-chickpea mixture is cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
- To assemble, layer cauliflower-chickpea mixture on your tortillas, follow with cilantro sauce, and toppings of your choice. Serve with a wedge of lime and a bit of vegan sour cream.