I firmly believe that a cookie should be slightly crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and with that perfect balance of sweet and salty. It is perfection. And when it’s served in a mini cast iron skillet, it really is the sweetest thing ever.
Cast Iron Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 ounces of flour
- 1 1/2 ounces of muscovado sugar
- 1 ounce of vegan butter
- 3/4 ounce of dark chocolate, 80% or over
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 splash of vegan milk
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt
- Heat up your oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the muscovado and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla, sea salt and chopped dark chocolate. Mix.
- Now add in the flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add milk a splash at a time until you have cookie dough.
- Grab yourself a little bite of the dough, because you deserve it.
- Now halve the dough and place it in two small skillets.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool a bit and enjoy!
Enjoy topped with a little vegan ice cream and vegan chocolate fudge sauce...I mean, you would if you loved yourself, right?
- Chocolate Chip