This non-diary cream can be used as a layer in parfaits or served over your favorite fruits. It also works as a base for ice cream — just place the cream into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
Cashew Vanilla Cream [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3-4 hours to soften
- 3/4 cup water, coconut water or unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener or apricot paste*
- 1/2 vanilla bean fine minced or 2 tsp extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the cashews, liquid, sweetener, vanilla and salt in a high speed blender. Process on high until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender jar from time to time.
- Depending on the strength of your blender, the smoothness will vary.
*Note: Use sweetener or paste of choice *Also note: Using whole minced vanilla bean will only result in a smooth consistency when using a high speed blender. If you are not using a high speed blender, be sure to use vanilla extract rather than minced bean.