Crunchy, hydrating and coated in a creamy minty sauce, this is salad reimagined and so much more fun. Carrots, cucumber and jicama are actually some of the best veggies to consume raw, particularly when chewed thoroughly. They have high water content and pair well with other cooked or raw foods.
Carrot Cucumber Jicama Salad with Mint Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and sliced into strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, plus a few extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for garnish if desired
- a few splashes of water to even out texture
- gomasio, for garnish (optional)
- Chop peeled carrots, cucumber and peeled jicama.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Combine veggies and sauce in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve, topped with gomasio, more salt if desired, and mint leaves.
If you wish to eat this over several days, keep veggies and sauce separate until serving.