Check out this amazing carrot cake with cashew cream! The cashew cream blends in perfectly with the cake dough. It is a great alternative to the frostings that are usually used to cover cakes.
Carrot Cake With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
- 4 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (homemade or purchase)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder for cakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups cashews
1/2 cup of agave nectar
1/2 cup of oat milk or whatever you prefer
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch of fine salt
- Turn on the oven at 360ºF.
- Prepare a 6-inch cake pan, lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the grated carrots , the agave nectar, the applesauce and the olive oil.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients: spelt flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, spices and chopped almonds.
- Add the contents of the two bowls and beat everything.
- Put the dough in the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until the cake is cooked in the center.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then remove.
Place the cashews in water for at least 2 hours or in the refrigerator and let overnight.
Strain cashew water using a colander and rinse with running water. Let them drain well.
Put all the ingredients in the blender, except the milk, and bled until you get a paste.
Add the milk little by little and blend to a creamy consistency that is smooth and easy to spread.
Take it to the refrigerator.
Cut the cake into 2 or 3 equal layers.
Frost each part with the cashew cream and place on top of one another.
With the remaining cream, frost the sides of the cake and the top.
You can decorate with chopped almonds.
Leave in the refrigerator until serving.