A vegan carrot cake loaf with streusel topping. This vegan loaf is made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with a small amount of maple syrup and a sweet streusel topping.
Carrot Cake Loaf with Streusel Topping [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Cake Loaf with Streusel Topping [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat or white (spoon and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and finely grated (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or light-tasting oil
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Streusel Topping (optional):
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, whole wheat or white
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Carrot Cake Loaf with Streusel Topping [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a different mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients. Whisk together until combined. Transfer the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Don't overmix.
- Mix until there is no big pockets of flour remaining. The mixture will be thick.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan.
- Prepare the streusel (if using): In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Add the cold vegan butter and vanilla, then using a fork, cut the butter into the dry mixture until you get a slightly wet, small crumble.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of the unbaked loaf.
- Bake the loaf for 40 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.