Hearty porridges are the perfect start to cold mornings. Bulgar is an ancient grain with a chewy texture, making it a great candidate for a breakfast that'll keep you full until lunchtime. It's sweetened naturally and topped with fruit, with the addition of carrots for extra nutritional value.
Carrot Bulgar Porridge [Vegan]
For the Porridge:
- 3/4 cups baby carrot
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- A pinch of salt
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon slivered almond
- In a food processor, grind baby carrots as smooth as possible.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add almond milk to it.
- At the first boil add all the porridge ingredients and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until bulgur softens and you get the desired thickness.
- Turn off the flame and add the toppings and serve warm.