This sweet Carrot & Fennel Salad with Creamy Grapefruit Dressing will send you to salad bliss. Fennel adds a crisp bite to the salad with its pleasant anise aroma, and when shaved thinly it melds nicely with the sweet-bitter flavors of the grapefruit. It’s a pure delight!
Carrot and Fennel Salad with Creamy Grapefruit Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-free]
For the Carrot & Fennel Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups of lettuce chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 medium-sized parsnips shaved
- 2 medium-sized carrots shaved
- 1 bulb of fennel shaved
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 large grapefruit
For the Creamy Grapefruit Dressing:
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice store-bought or freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Vegan mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, add all of your salad ingredients except for the grapefruit.
- Using a very sharp paring knife, simply slice off the top and bottom of the grapefruit and stand it on one of the flat ends. Then, slice the skin and membrane from the fruit, leaving the pulp exposed. Cut segments in between the membranes of the fruit.
- In a small bowl, mix in all of the dressing ingredients and whisk till uniform.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss till well-combined. Enjoy!