This caramelized banana porridge is banana infused, sweet, creamy and warming, perfect for the cold mornings.
Caramelized Banana Porridge [Vegan]
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
For the Caramelized Banana:
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Toppings (optional):
- Fresh fruit of choice
- Peanut butter
- Desiccated coconut
- In a medium bowl mash the banana until smooth
- Add it into a pan together with the milk, oats, agave, and cinnamon. Cook for for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium heat, stir frequently and lower the heat if the oats start to stick to the bottom.
- When the oats are softened and mixture thickened, remove the pan from the stove.
- In a frying pan add the coconut oil, once it's melted add the sliced bananas together with the honey and cinnamon and fry for 5 min until the bananas get that golden caramelized color.
- Once ready, serve the oatmeal into a bowl by adding the caramelized bananas on the top.