These adorable treats are topped with crushed, dried rose petals. These mini bundt cakes are decadent without being overly sweet and have a particularly great crumb for being both gluten-free and vegan.
Cardamom Cocoa Mini Bundt Cakes With Coconut Butter Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Makes 8 mini bundts.
To Make the Dry Ingredients:
- 2-ounces brown rice flour
- 1-ounce oat flour
- 1 1/4-ounces arrowroot flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon psyllium husk or xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
To Make the Wet Ingredients:
- 2-ounces melted coconut oil
- 2-ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
To Make the Coconut Butter Glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil)
- 2-4 tablespoons plant milk (start with 2, then add more as needed to thin)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (sweeten to your tastes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Grease a mini bundt pan or regular cupcake pan with your oil of choice.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, then do the same with the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the two together and whisk until smooth.
- Fill each mini bundt mold about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Once you’ve used up all the batter, tap the pan gently on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cakes for 20-23 minutes until the tops spring back when gently touched.
- Cool the cakes in the pan for 10-15 minutes before un-molding them and letting them cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a saucepan set over low heat, combine all of the glaze ingredients.
- Once the coconut butter begins to melt, whisk the mixture gently until it becomes cohesive and forms a glaze.
- If it seems too thick, add a splash of plant milk at a time until you get a pourable consistency. Drizzle some of the glaze on each cooled mini bundt.
- Finish them off with a dusting of ground dried rose petals. Feel free to do the same or leave off this step. You could also sprinkle them with toasted shredded coconut, cocoa powder, cardamom, or anything else you’d like.