Sweet and savory, these crostinis are a festive appetizer that's full of flavor!
Butternut Squash Crostini With Cranberries and Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped, dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 French loaf
- Start by preheating your oven to 385°F.
- Skins, deseed and cube your butternut squash.
- Toss squash in melted coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Lay coated cubes evenly on baking sheet.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- While squash is cooking, slice bread into 1/2-1-inch inch thick pieces. Then, mix all tahini dressing ingredients in small mixing bowl, stirring until ingredients are combined.
- Remove the squash from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place bread pieces on baking sheet and put into oven for 8 minutes, flipping after 4 minutes to toast both sides. Watch this part carefully as once bread starts to brown, it will burn quickly.
- While bread is toasting, mash your roasted butternut squash.
- Once bread is toasted, spread butternut squash mash evenly on top of the bread pieces. Drizzle with your maple tahini dressing, then top evenly with cranberry pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- Butternut Squash