Butternut squash pairs so well with the citrusy notes of green apple! This soup is filling, scrumptious and so good! You have to give it a try!
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- pinch of nutmeg, cinnamon and cayenne, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, optional
- vegan sour cream, optional
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pot, then add the onion, carrot and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and apple cider, along with the butternut squash and apple. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, until the squash and carrots have softened.
- Once everything has softened, puree in your blender in batches (be sure to release the steam if your blender does not do that for you!), or with an immersion blender. Mix in your nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste. Top with some vegan cream, if using.
- Butternut Squash
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile